Party Communications & Press Assistant
- Establishing and maintaining networks of contacts within print, broadcast and electronic media
- Drafting and issuing press releases on behalf of MLAs and key members of the Party.
- Weekly Media Monitoring
- Regular updates to Website and Social Media Accounts
- Creation of professional and engaging content for use on Social Media channels, including video, images, graphics, live events and more
- Providing communications & press support to Alliance Press Team
- Drafting articles for publication
- Assisting in the preparation of briefings and lines to take for Alliance MLAs
- Contributing to internal party communications
- Assisting in the organisation of media events and press conferences
- Liaising with Assembly Office staff in relation to policy communication issues
- Keeping up to date with public debates, and ensuring that the Alliance Party view is heard
- These are the main duties of the position. However, as and when considered necessary or appropriate, the post-holder will be liable to transfer to or undertake other duties, reasonably required, in order to meet fluctuations or priorities in work demands.
Alliance Party Assembly Group
Head of Press
Performance Management and Appraisal:
The post-holder’s performance will be subject to regular appraisal and review, by the Head of Press and Party Manager on behalf of the Alliance Party.
Hours of Work:
As part of the normal contract of employment, and due to the nature of Party business, the post-holder will be required to work variable hours and be flexible in their working pattern, including working during evenings and weekends.
The post-holder will be required to work a minimum (over a 5-day week preferably) of 20 hours.
The post-holder will be required to work additional hours as may from time to time be reasonable and necessary for the efficient performance of their responsibilities, subject to any limitations imposed by law.
In addition to the customary days, which are recognised by the employer, you are entitled to 25 working days (pro rate) as holidays in each holiday year which runs from 1st January to 31st December and you will be paid your normal basic remuneration during such holidays.
The post will be based at Parliament Buildings, with occasional attendance at external events and meetings. (Currently working from home arrangements in place).
Salary will be £11,000 pro rata. No overtime shall be paid.
Salary will be reviewed annually and the post-holder will be notified in writing of any change to salary, or the award of any additional payment in recognition of exceptional demands.
NEST auto enrolment pension scheme