Constituency & Communications Officer For John Blair MLA
Alliance Party MLA, John Blair is seeking a highly motivated and well organised individual to fulfil the dual role of Constituency & Communications Officer in his South Antrim Constituency Office.
Thursday / 29 April 2021 5:00pm
John Blair MLA is seeking a highly motivated and well organised individual to fulfil the dual role of Constituency & Communications Officer in his South Antrim Constituency Office. This is a challenging and demanding role as part of an integrated team based in the Alliance Party South Antrim Constituency Office.
The successful candidate will organise local campaigns and lead on responding to casework enquiries to the MLA’s office and will provide support to constituents on a range of issues. This is a part-time role for 29.6 hours per week, equivalent to 4 days per week. It would be suggested the Constituency & Communications Officer would provide cover for the Constituency Office from Tuesday through to Friday. Although there may be occasions when the Constituency & Communications Officer will be required to attend Parliament Buildings.
- Build and maintain local media relations and produce content for the Member’s social media platforms and constituency newsletter for the benefit of the South Antrim constituents;
- Developing and conducting constituency surveys and campaigns;
- Managing a large and varied caseload of complex cases, working in a professional, confidential and empathetic manner;
Ensuring that all cases and decisions are carried through and a relevant conclusion is provided;
- Ensuring cases are properly documented on the case management system and trends in casework are identified;
- Managing and engaging professionally and confidentially with care and integrity with members of the public, Government agencies, the voluntary sector, the local Council and other agencies through telephone enquiries, emails and, when Covid restrictions allow, face-to-face meetings;
- Exercising a high level of autonomy in reaching decisions on cases based on the evidence and taking decisions to enable the welfare and benefit of constituents;
- Assisting with surgeries and other meetings and following up as appropriate and;
- Assisting the MLA to serve constituents in a way that is consistent with Alliance Party manifesto pledges.
Please see Job Description and Person Specification for further details. Applicants should read the attached documents and complete, in full, the attached Application Form for return, by e-mail no later than 5pm on 29 April 2021.
Interviews are expected to take place on 5 May 2021 and 7 May 2021. Interviews will be conducted via Zoom, in line with the Covid-19 restrictions.