Event contactPatrick Brown
Following the publication of our ‘Restore our County Town’ strategy document, South Down Alliance has organised a public meeting to discuss how businesses can have a collective voice and better work together to fulfil our town's potential.
Specifically, this meeting will consider the possible establishment of a Business Improvement District (BID). A BID is formed when businesses in an area agree to a small additional levy on their rates which is then used to make improvements in the area. Examples of what a BID can do include:
- Public events and festivals
- Commissioning of research, consultants and lobbyists
- Funding shop front/public realm schemes
- Hiring of staff to support businesses
- Establishing local reward/loyalty schemes
- Hosting jobs & investment fairs
In attendance will be BID managers from other BIDs in Northern Ireland, who can share their experience and expertise with us.
Please RSVP below to help us plan the event.